Sunday, April 15, 2012

One Sunday Evening

After church today we went up to Salt Lake for dinner at Eric & Nakita's. On the drive up I read part of "A Parent's Guide"  (published by the LDS Church back in 1985) to Micah and we talked a little about disciplining our children and what a challenge that will be. It's hard to imagine our perfect sweet Kaylyn ever doing anything wrong, but obviously we'll need to help her learn, grow, and make good choices as she discovers and explores the world around her. One line in the booklet read, "The mother and child are constant companions" and I immediately smiled big and said, "Oh I love it!"  I am so enjoying being a mommy and spending my time at home with our baby of 7 months! Kaylyn is at such a fun stage right now and I can't imagine it getting better, yet I know it will. Life is so wonderful that way.

We love the Ellis's so much. Reesie and Ivan are so sweet with Kaylyn and we have so much fun playing with them. After we ate dinner we put all the kids in strollers and walked to Great Aunt Bonnie's house (Grandpa Moyle's sister) in hopes of finding her home. The weather was just right for light jackets and it was a beautiful evening for a walk. Unfortunately, Bonnie wasn't home, but our 45 minute walk was wonderful anyway. Kaylyn and Reese both fell asleep near the end. We visited for a while more before we headed back home. It's so easy and comfortable hanging out with the Ellis's. I think it's because we all like each other so much.
 The Ellis Family
It's great that kids can fall asleep anywhere

All three of us (the Christensen's) were pretty tired for the drive home so as Kaylyn started making her tired noises (sounds like uhhhhh) Micah and I played a silly game to the tune of "Oompa Loompa" from Willy Wonka. I would pose the puzzle or question and Micah would respond. For example:

Together: Oompa Loompa doompadee doo, I've got another puzzle for you
Me: What would you say if you met Jimmer on the street? (as we passed a billboard with Jimmer on it)
Micah: How do you do, gee this is really neat!
Me: What would do if you were married to a chimp?
Micah: I love you anyways Rach (we both cracked up really hard at that one even though it didn't rhyme:)

It kept us both awake and Kaylyn and me entertained. Micah's the best dad and husband. We're so lucky to have him! What an enjoyable Sunday evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment